A New Archbishop - the CHALLENGERS!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A New Archbishop - the CHALLENGERS!

Post by Bradimus Prime on Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:43 pm

Zevo of Pack WER has challenged the absent incumbent Lucian of Pack Tel for the title of Archbishop.

In his absence, Andrew Milady of Pack Andrew's Angels and Cecil Hely-Hutchinson of Pack Nightstalkers have accepted the challenge.

Who will face whom first can be decided amongst the challengers; note that other Sabbat are, of course, free to issue their own challenge.

Bradimus Prime
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A New Archbishop - the CHALLENGERS!

Post by Porl on Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:54 pm

Tavasz watches with interest. This should be interesting to see, and there are going to be a few good ways to see how the fights will be organised....

Porl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by frenzyslave on Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:56 pm

Lets hope to the death, like all Archbishop Monomancies should be... Or were, being the past tense. Sigh.

frenzyslave

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr B on Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:52 am

Can anyone tell me which Cardinal will oversee the up coming monomacys?

Name, clan, status, reputation?

Mr B

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:30 pm

The Cardinal for the Holy See of Oceania is Ulrich (also Archbishop of Siam), a Tzimisce who was assigned the See after Temoch took over the Sabbat, moving there from Europe. He has been to Auckland once before, where he looked grumpy and contemptuous and didn't interact with people outside the ceremony and his speech.

Characters with the Leadership skill could dig for more information.

He will NOT be overseeing anything; he is prepared to perform the Blood Bath for someone who can take and hold the Archbishop position in their own right, but spending months in NZ overseeing multiple monomacy duels would consume far too much of his time (and multiple trips involves fairly significant risk and, again, time, as international travel is neither easy nor safe for vampires).

An Arbiter will simply need to be negotiated between any two who are prepared to fight each other (note that backing down is an option) (by default I think it falls to Xifeng based on prior position held).

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://extinction.forumotion.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by frenzyslave on Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:17 am

Except Xifeng is compromised - Cecil is from her pack.

Perhaps a priest who is neutral - that is, NOT in a pack with a pack member challenging for Archbishop - and the only completely neutral is from Caines Crusade if a judgement call has to be made. Pack Tel pack isn't involved in the monomancy either, but one could argue that the previous Archie is from theirs. The true neutral priest outside the Cardinal then is Caine's Crusade.

Does he have the Monomancy ritae? Otherwise it would have to be Pack Tel doing it... If either of them don't know the ritae: then probably Xifeng next, then me.

(ooc: Or is it Caine's Chosen? I can't remember off hand, but have the Leadership skill to errata that)

frenzyslave

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:51 am

OOC: Johann (the Inquisitor of Caine's Crusade) has the Ritae and it would be... awkward... to accuse him of not being neutral, but negotiating that kind of thing is an IN-CHARACTER action; as ranking relevant official, the only person who has the authority to tell Xifeng she's not sufficiently neutral would be... herself. (unless, of course, the match is between Cecil and someone else... in which case she can still pick whoever she wants, because RHIP).

i.e. this is a good argument but you need to make it IC and persuade Xifeng of it - or else have your opponent agree with you on who the Arbiter should be. Or go over her head and get the Cardinal to give an order (...by phone, because he's not leaving Siam for Auckland until the fighting is done). (...or somehow escalate to a Priscus or the Regent)

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://extinction.forumotion.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr B on Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:55 pm

The Monomacy.

I will arrange for a venue for our next gathering (Palla grande). As Monomacy will be a key feature I would like to confirm the physical conditions for the challenge. My understanding is that a cage will be required - will that be a dome shaped cage?

If there are any other physical requirements that the challengers can agree on I will do my best to provide.

Roman Black
Clan Lasombra
W.E.R. Pack

Mr B

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by frenzyslave on Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:10 pm

Two Cainites enter, one Cainite leaves! Twisted Evil

frenzyslave

View user profile

Back to top Go down